Saturday, December 11, 2010

My heart is full because of the kindness of those who surround me. Friday started with lunch with one of my most favorite people. I've developed a special bond with her. You know those people you know you knew before we came here... I know she's one of those. I'm grateful for her love, kindness and senese of humor. Thank you Wendy.
Then I had been debating whether or not to go to the work Christmas party on Friday, I decided to stay and I'm glad I did. I had some time after work, and before the party so I helped them finish set up. It was nice to meet the spouses and children of those I work with, as well as catch up with some friends. I happen to work with some incredible people.

Today, is my Grandma Dautel's birthday. Each moment with her these last few weeks has become much more meaningful since we know her days are limited (she probably won't live much more than two or three weeks). As I was sitting at her house today, just looking at her enjoy the little pleasures in life (her birthday cake, listening to music and her family). I realized that you never regret the time you spend with family and friends. I want to make every moment I live as meaningful as possible.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA! I LOVE YOU!

My dad's family at my Grandpa Dautel's funeral in October. My grandma is in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, you are great. Just thought you should know. :)

    ReplyDelete