Thursday, August 19, 2010

Amanda D. Parker
How did you meet your husband? Geoff and I met because I was dating his best friend. Oops

What is your favorite color and why? Purple. Honestly, I'm not sure why. It just happened one day. I'm crazy about it.

What is your favorite thing about California? The variety. Mountains, valleys, hills, oceans, lakes, forests, deserts, cities and rural farm towns. There's just so much to see whitin just a few hours.

Tell me about your job: I work for Allegiance Software in Fargo, ND. We work with (primarily) non-profit broadcasting organizations and provide software for them to maintain their donor databases. I do customer support and training. It rocks.

How did you and I meet? We met working at BYUB

How long ago did we meet? Um..it's got to have been awhile now. When did you start? I'm thinking it's been 2 maybe 2 1/2 years.

What is your favorite BYUB memory? Oh, man. I've got lots of them. Right now I'm really remembering the day I was trying to empty the shredder and ended up spilling the shreddings EVERYWHERE.

What is your favorite food? I'm kind of a mood eater. But I always like Diet Mountain Dew and Dark Chocolate M&Ms.

What is your favorite thing to bake? Cookies. Any kind. Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Sugar... you name it, I like to bake it.

Tell me about your dogs: Rubio is a 3 year old bind Shih Tzu who loves everything and everyone. He doesn't bark. Romulus is a 1 year old Mini Schnauzer who thinks everything is about him. He's hilarious and loving and I'm glad he didn't die of Parvo a year ago.

How may siblings do you have? One that is realted to me by blood. But if you consider in-laws, I've got...14.

If you could do anything for a living (regardless of money) what would it be? That's a tough question for me. I think I could be ridiculously happy doing a lot of things. I love my job now and it's nothing glamorous, really.

What are your hobbies? singing, biking movies/TV, crochet, puzzles, cooking

What is your favorite movie? It's a toss up between Mission Impossibles and Men in Black.

What is your favorite vacation spot? The Bay Area of California. Or Disneyland

What is your funniest or favorite memory with me? Trying (miserably) to make those giant fondant cupcakes. And then ending up covered in powedered sugar. With conspicuous hand prints on us.

What do you want to be doing 10 years from now? Sending my kids off to another first day of school, spending lots of time with my friends and family and those that I love. making decent money doing something I enjoy. Still lovin' the hub as much as I do today (if not more).

What is the most random thing you have done? haha. I'm not a very random person. I'm not what you call a risk taker. Although the first year I was married, Geoff and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to CA- we took off at 3am and drove for 12 hours to surprise my parents. And our bosses when they got to work and saw that we had called in. I guess you could also consider moving to Fargo a bit random.

What's your favorite sport and why? Baseball. The reasons are endless. But mostly because it's the best sport ever.

What is something most people don't know about you? Um. I really want to major in Vocal Performance in college. I auditioned for the program twice and didn't get in-twice. It was really hard but looking at my life now, I can see that things work out the way they do for a reason. And now I'm glad I didn't get into the program.

If you could give me one piece of advice what would it be? 1) Don't let your head get in the way of life 2) Don't ever give up a chance to laug. 3) Hold to the rod :)



So technically Amanda and I first met about 3 years ago when I first started working at BYUB. However last summer we became best friends and have pretty much been inseparable since. I have so many things to sasy to her but I won't bother you all with those. I can't even count the times AP and I laughed so hard. A few good memories that come to mind: 1) all our g-chats at work 2) bowling 3) working out 4)Soda Runs 5)Dinner at IHOP. Gosh I miss us and I miss you Amanda but I am so happy that you and Geoff are doing so well. Thanks for being me ;) I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment